Check Point Competencies:
Instills Trust, Listens to Others, Development of Others, Seeks Improvement
- Create an open & safe atmosphere in which people can openly discuss issues and challenges and work together to begin their leadership journey.
- Begin establishing trust within the group to form a strong foundation for the year’s learning.
- Clarify all logistics, planning, etc. of the program by presenting organized and knowledgeable information about what the LEAP year entails.
- Begin to develop a strong sense of self as leader through exploration of the characteristics of a leader and what leadership means to each individual.
- Create a sense of excitement and motivation for members to fully engage and commit to a year of learning together.